Mon, Mar 28|
Studio building behind the theatre
*Auditions* Front Lines to the Home Front
A caberet style tribute to our armed forces through song, dance, and dialogue. Patriotic songs and music from the various decades as well as a history lesson from WWI through today.
Time & Location
Mar 28, 2022, 6:30 PM – 8:00 PM
Studio building behind the theatre, 133 S Main St, Summerville, SC 29483, USA
About the Event
“Front Lines to the Home Front”, a patriotic production, will be performed during Memorial Day Weekend at the James F. Dean Community Theatre, Summerville.
WANTED Actors, Singers & Dancers; hopefully some who do both or all three!
March 27 & 28, 6:30 PM in the Studio Space
You only need to attend one night of auditions,
but you are always welcome to attend both.
· AGE RANGE: 16 and older unless discussed with the Director prior.
· ACTORS: prepare a 1-minute monologue; your choice of comedic or dramatic. Sides may be read. Definitely looking for projection and enunciation.
· SINGERS: Prepare a 2-minute song that best represents your voice. The show uses patriotic songs as well as contemporary songs of the various time periods.
o All singers will perform as a choral group.
o Solos, duets or other small groups will be auditioned later
o An audition piece may make its way into the show, but there is no guarantee.
· SONGS: Patriotic and songs of the various decades. Song choices are based on the availability of talent and vocal ranges.
· DANCERS: Prepare a short interpretive dance to a song that best showcases your range of skills.
· MUSIC: Please bring your own music source (phone, tablet, cd) ready to go; Bluetooth speaker available.
· REHEARSALS: Please list all conflicts on the audition form. All effort will be made to work around these obligations, but Hell Week is crucial so please plan accordingly.
Just by the hearts you will touch, this will be the best time you will ever have performing. If you have any additional questions, please contact the Director by email: email@example.com
There is no need to sign up; we'll see you at the first night of auditions.